RTL-SDRThe RTL-SDR V3 has a frequency range of 24 to 1766 MHz and is fully 100% compatible with any software for the older versions.
The RTL-SDR is a significantly improved RTL-SDR dongle as shown below.
- <1 PPM temperature compensated oscillator (TCXO) . Accurate tuning and almost zero temperature drift (2 PPM max. initial offset, 0.5-1 PPM temperature drift)
- SMA female antenna port . Most dongles use the less common MCX or PAL antenna ports. SMA is more common, so more adapters and antennas are available for it. It is also more durable and has lower RF insertion losses.
- R820T2 tuner . More sensitive than the older R820T tuner. 100% compatible with software for the older R820T.
- 4.5V USB powered bias tee – Can be enabled by running a simple program (see V3 users guide). This allows the RTL-SDR to power low noise amplifiers (like the LNA4ALL and HABAMP) and active antennas through the coax cable.
- Experimental: HF Direct Sampling Mode – Listen to 500 kHz – 24 MHz with direct sampling. Simply connect an HF antenna to the SMA port, and choose the Q-branch to use. There is a built in 25 MHz low pass filter, but additional HF filters may be required for optimal performance (e.g. to knock out strong MW AM).
- Aluminium case and passive cooling – These units come stock with an aluminium case and passive cooling via a silicon thermal pad.
- Various additional improvements compared to other RTL-SDRs . Higher quality passive components, a choke on the USB line to reduce USB noise, a much improved PCB design for significantly less internal spurs and noise, various break-out pads, improved ESD protection, additional bypass capacitors and ferrite power line chokes, improved front end matching circuit and a better LDO.
The price for the RTL-SDR Dongle is:
$ 20 USD
A note regarding email addresses: When checking out please use an
email address other than @earthlink.net, @hotmail.com, @live.com,
@msn.com, @outlook.com. For some reason these domains reject email from
ALSO There is a problem with Chrome inaccurately reporting that the connection is insecure when you are attempting to complete your order. We suggest using a different browser to place the order.
Both problems are being worked on, sorry for the inconvenience.
Shipping and Handling
Shipping and Handling within the US will be by USPS Priority Mail.
International shipping costs are calculated as closely as possible. If the actual cost exceeds the estimate by more than $10.00, TAPR will contact you to get approval for the additional funds. TAPR uses insured Priority Mail International, unless the purchaser requires something else.