[ao16aprs] 1200 baud pacsats for APRS

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:45:34 -0500
From: Vince Risalvato <vincesr@gte.net>
To: Bob Bruninga <bruninga@nadn.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] A Newcomer question(dumb)

>Three underutilized birds on orbit, a perfect worldwide application, and
>just no way to get a critical mass of people all interestd at the same
>time!

Bob, I'd be really interested, but it seems like there is a need for full
time internet connections at your key stations. That just isn't in the
budget for folks like me. Maybe I don't have the big picture....what are the
internet requirements for these "critical mass" stations?

Just curious, I saw your presentations at Vicksburg and felt sure that there
were going to be enough folks with the resources to make this take off. I am
a strong proponent of small sats that do the kinds of things you envision.
Like you say, there are already sats that can be used to promote the
concept.

Is there an APRS list I can lurk for a while to get  some of the basics? I
am looking for a justification to set up my ground station again. The parts
are all collected, most of them are working... the main piece, the TS790 is
now back on-line.

73,

Vince Risalvato
KD7AI